Save on Energy Bills This Winter
Winter in Toronto can be difficult enough with its cold temperatures. Another disadvantage of the Canadian winter for many homeowners is the high energy bills. When you have to run your furnace for most of the day, you’ll likely see your energy bills skyrocket. At Consumers Energy Management Inc., we know the bills don’t have to be as high as they can be in the dead of winter, so we have tips for residents sick of paying tons of money toward their heating.
Replace the Furnace’s Filter
A common source of grief for residents is a clogged furnace filter. These filters can become dirty quickly in the winter, when the furnace operates more often. People who use their furnaces constantly during the winter should consider replacing the filter once a month. Fortunately, it’s a pretty simple process, and it goes a long way toward ensuring that your furnace isn’t overworking itself and straining its parts.
Prevent Air Leakage
In many homes, leaks around the doors and windows can contribute to loss of heat. The furnace has a hard time compensating for the amount of heat lost in those small areas, and the home doesn’t heat properly. Therefore, the furnace constantly runs to compensate for the lost heat. If you’re noticing high energy bills, take a walk around the home and inspect the windows and doors to see if there are any leaks. You can use caulk to seal those holes.
Additionally, make sure to seal your fireplace damper whenever you are not using it. If you neglect to do so, then that becomes another source of major air leakage.
Turn Down the Water Heater’s Temperature
Many people have their water heaters set to the highest temperature. While this might seem like a good way to get the warmest water for a shower, it’s actually better to keep the temperature at a medium or warm setting. You will still benefit from a nice shower, but the water heater won’t constantly be trying to keep the water heated at the maximum level.
Manage the Thermostat
Inefficient thermostats can cause a furnace to work harder or more often than it needs to in order to heat a home. Putting your thermostat on a high heat setting might not be necessary for many people. The cooler you keep your home, the lower your bills will be. Even lowering the thermostat by one degree can help to save money.
In the winter, check your thermostat to see that it’s working properly. You may need to replace yours with a programmable thermostats. These work to save energy costs because you have more control over the heating in your residence. Multiple thermostats inside the home can heat up rooms that people use often, while others remain off in areas that don’t need to be heated.
Get Service From Consumers Energy Management Inc.
The best way to make sure your furnace and heating system is working well is to schedule service with Consumers Energy Management Inc. Ontario. We ensure that your furnace is working as efficiently as possible without hidden defects that raise your energy bills.
Follow these tips to lower your energy costs this winter. Keep warm and save some money!
Services We Offer
Products We Offer
- A/C Repair Services Toronto (1)
- Air Conditioner (6)
- Air Conditioner Ontario (7)
- Air Conditioner Toronto (6)
- Air Conditioners Repair Services Toronto (2)
- Air Conditioners Toronto (2)
- Consumers Energy Management Inc. Ontario (24)
- Cooling Products Ontario (8)
- Dehumidifier Toronto (1)
- Ducts (3)
- Electronic Furnace Filter (2)
- Electronic Furnace Filter Toronto (2)
- Energy Savings Tips (5)
- Furnace (9)
- Furnace Cost and Price Ontario (10)
- Furnace Rental Ontario (10)
- Furnace Rental Services (2)
- Furnace Rental Services in Toronto (2)
- Furnace Rental Services Toronto (1)
- Furnace Repair Services Toronto (1)
- Furnace Repair Toronto (1)
- Furnance Financing Ontario (9)
- Heating Products Ontario (12)
- HEPA Furnace Filter (1)
- HEPA Furnace Filter Toronto (1)
- Home Inspection Toronto (4)
- Honeywell Programmable Thermostats (1)
- Honeywell Thermostats (2)
- Humidifers Installation Ontario (1)
- Humidifier Installation (1)
- Humidifiers And Humidity (2)
- Humidifiers Maintenance Ontario (1)
- HVAC Filters (1)
- HVAC Filters Toronto (1)
- HVAC Preventive Maintenance Ontario (14)
- HVAC Syetem Maintenance (13)
- HVAC System Preventive Maintenance (14)
- HVAC Warranty Canada (3)
- HVAC Warranty Information Canada (3)
- Indoor Air Quality (7)
- Inefficient Furnace (1)
- Inefficient Furnace Toronto (1)
- Media Furnace Filter (1)
- Media Furnace Filter Toronto (1)
- New Furnace Rental (1)
- New Furnace Rental Program (1)
- New Furnace Rental Program Toronto (1)
- New Furnace Rental Toronto (1)
- One-Inch Fiberglass Furnace Filter (1)
- One-Inch Fiberglass Furnace Filter Toronto (1)
- Rental Air Conditioners (1)
- Rental Air Conditioners Toronto (1)
- Service And Maintenance (17)
- Tankless Water Heaters (1)
- Thermostat (2)
- Thermostats (1)
- Toronto A/C Repair Services (1)
- Toronto Air Conditioners Repair Services (1)
- Toronto Furnace Repair (1)
- Toronto Furnace Repair Services (1)
- Water Heaters (1)
The Latest News
- Portable air conditioner for rent – Advantages and Disadvantages
During the hot Toronto summer months, air conditioners are a must to stay cool and comfortable. No one wants to sit in a sweltering home when they can be relaxing in the cool comfort of a climate-controlled environment. Luckily, you can find companies offering rental air conditioners and rest assured that you will always have…
- Make your home warm by renting a furnace toronto and enjoy this winter!
Renting a furnace is an easy way to handle the winter. It has become very popular in Toronto, Ontario. Peoplewho cannot afford furnace purchase, the best way is to rents furnace in Toronto. Many companies in Toronto provides rental furnaces on low cost. You just need to know how to rent furnace and on top,…