Think About a New Water Heater This Winter
We at Consumers Energy Management spend a lot of time advising residents in the Toronto area about heating in the winter. That includes furnaces, ductwork, indoor air quality and more. But one big part of the heating system in a home is the water heater. When you’re preparing your home to handle the cold winters around here, you cannot forget about your water heater’s efficiency. If your water heater is costing too much to fix, then it might be time to think about getting a new one.
Whether or not you have any particular brand loyalty, choosing a new water heater deserves some diligent time and effort. Replacing a water heater as quickly as possible is never the best way to go about purchasing a new part of your HVAC system. Give yourself time to pick the perfect water heater for your family’s needs, rather than waiting until your old water heater completely shuts down.
Once you’ve started looking, keep a few questions in mind that you want answered.
Gas and Electric Water Heaters
The first thing to determine when you go on the market for a water heater is to make sure it’s a gas or electric heater. Purchasing an electric heater when you need a gas one would be a costly mistake. Now that you know which kind of heater you need to look for, you can start browsing different brands. Certain brands might have a better reputation than others. Research brands and look at Energy Star ratings — those indicate how much energy the water heater can save.
Some retailers are required to sell certain brands by contract, so keep that in mind when you go out shopping for a new water heater. Prices can vary greatly between models, so pick a ballpark price you are willing to pay and try to stay near that.
Tankless Water Heaters
Residents now have the option of buying a tankless water heater. These water heaters cost more initially, but often result in energy savings down the line. Though standard water heaters are tried and true, the tankless models are an upgrade, and may be worth it if you have a family of four or more. With bigger homes, tankless water heaters save enough money to make up for the higher cost of purchase and installation. Their estimated lives are now almost twice as long as that of a standard water heater.
Many new versions of water heaters are built to save energy, which lowers your utility bills. Standard water heaters generally suffice, but those who emphasize saving money on energy can look through the models that have emerged in the last few years.
Take Your Time
When you notice that your water heater costs more to fix than it’s worth, it’s time to consider getting a new one. If you wait until it’s too late, you’ll feel rushed and you may not make the best decision. A water heater can last for many years if you get the right model and take care of it properly.
Services We Offer
Products We Offer
- Posted: Consumers Energy Management Inc.
- Categories: Consumers Energy Management Inc. Ontario, HVAC Preventive Maintenance Ontario, HVAC Syetem Maintenance, HVAC System Preventive Maintenance, HVAC Warranty Canada, HVAC Warranty Information Canada, Service And Maintenance, Tankless Water Heaters, Water Heaters
- A/C Repair Services Toronto (1)
- Air Conditioner (6)
- Air Conditioner Ontario (7)
- Air Conditioner Toronto (6)
- Air Conditioners Repair Services Toronto (2)
- Air Conditioners Toronto (2)
- Consumers Energy Management Inc. Ontario (24)
- Cooling Products Ontario (8)
- Dehumidifier Toronto (1)
- Ducts (3)
- Electronic Furnace Filter (2)
- Electronic Furnace Filter Toronto (2)
- Energy Savings Tips (5)
- Furnace (9)
- Furnace Cost and Price Ontario (10)
- Furnace Rental Ontario (10)
- Furnace Rental Services (2)
- Furnace Rental Services in Toronto (2)
- Furnace Rental Services Toronto (1)
- Furnace Repair Services Toronto (1)
- Furnace Repair Toronto (1)
- Furnance Financing Ontario (9)
- Heating Products Ontario (12)
- HEPA Furnace Filter (1)
- HEPA Furnace Filter Toronto (1)
- Home Inspection Toronto (4)
- Honeywell Programmable Thermostats (1)
- Honeywell Thermostats (2)
- Humidifers Installation Ontario (1)
- Humidifier Installation (1)
- Humidifiers And Humidity (2)
- Humidifiers Maintenance Ontario (1)
- HVAC Filters (1)
- HVAC Filters Toronto (1)
- HVAC Preventive Maintenance Ontario (14)
- HVAC Syetem Maintenance (13)
- HVAC System Preventive Maintenance (14)
- HVAC Warranty Canada (3)
- HVAC Warranty Information Canada (3)
- Indoor Air Quality (7)
- Inefficient Furnace (1)
- Inefficient Furnace Toronto (1)
- Media Furnace Filter (1)
- Media Furnace Filter Toronto (1)
- New Furnace Rental (1)
- New Furnace Rental Program (1)
- New Furnace Rental Program Toronto (1)
- New Furnace Rental Toronto (1)
- One-Inch Fiberglass Furnace Filter (1)
- One-Inch Fiberglass Furnace Filter Toronto (1)
- Rental Air Conditioners (1)
- Rental Air Conditioners Toronto (1)
- Service And Maintenance (17)
- Tankless Water Heaters (1)
- Thermostat (2)
- Thermostats (1)
- Toronto A/C Repair Services (1)
- Toronto Air Conditioners Repair Services (1)
- Toronto Furnace Repair (1)
- Toronto Furnace Repair Services (1)
- Water Heaters (1)
The Latest News
- Portable air conditioner for rent – Advantages and Disadvantages
During the hot Toronto summer months, air conditioners are a must to stay cool and comfortable. No one wants to sit in a sweltering home when they can be relaxing in the cool comfort of a climate-controlled environment. Luckily, you can find companies offering rental air conditioners and rest assured that you will always have…
- Make your home warm by renting a furnace toronto and enjoy this winter!
Renting a furnace is an easy way to handle the winter. It has become very popular in Toronto, Ontario. Peoplewho cannot afford furnace purchase, the best way is to rents furnace in Toronto. Many companies in Toronto provides rental furnaces on low cost. You just need to know how to rent furnace and on top,…