Diagnosing Ductwork Problems and Noises
The ductwork in your home is a huge part of the effectiveness of your HVAC system. Spending a winter in the Toronto area could be hard enough without factoring in some strange issues with your ductwork. Consumers Energy Management can help you diagnose some ductwork problems, which includes figuring out why your ductwork may be making odd noises intermittently.
Common Ductwork Problems
If you’re experiencing poor airflow in your home, then there may be a few occurrences happening with your ductwork.
Tears and holes: The duct itself may have tears and holes, causing the air to leak out of the duct. Even a small hole can result in a fair amount of air loss.
Crimping: The duct could also become crimped, which means that it could be bent. This causes a lack of airflow because the air does not have a clear duct to run through.
Disconnection: Sometimes, the duct is disconnected completely, which results in a waste of air and ineffectiveness in your HVAC system.
Generally, these ductwork problems can be easily diagnosed as long as you know what to look for. Keep an eye on your ductwork when you first notice that your HVAC airflow is uneven. At times, the ductwork runs too long in your home, or is impeded by too many bends and turns. Essentially, the duct needs to be connected and run without blockages through wherever it needs to go. Tears, crimps and other problems can affect the efficiency of your HVAC system and, overall, waste energy.
What Are Those Noises?
At times, ducts make strange noises that might startle you and cause you to wonder if it’s experiencing any problems. Some noises are harmless, but others might be more concerning.
Popping and Whistling: You may hear popping and whistling sounds in the ducts after the system kicks in or shuts off. Both noises are common after an air duct cleaning, since the system is working at its full capacity. Popping noises happen when the duct readjusts itself due to air pressure, and whistling occurs when air travels quickly down the cleaned ducts and leaves the air registers. Installing thicker duct walls and finding the right-sized registers can help alleviate these noises.
Banging Ducts: Some people hear a banging sound in their ducts before the furnace turns on. This noise probably comes from the furnace burners, not from the ductwork. Burners can become dirty over time, so they ignite slowly. When they finally do ignite, they burn more fuel than they need to, causing a miniature explosion within the furnace. Consumers Energy Management can help with this furnace problem by cleaning out the device.
Ductwork can be faulty, and it might take time to diagnose some of their problems. Consumers Energy Management can help you diagnose duct noises and solve most common ductwork issues easily.
Once you’ve found out the problem in your ductwork, you can fix it yourself by following a guide, or call Consumers Energy Management to come fix it. Often, these ductwork issues can be solved quickly, especially if we already know the root of the problem.
Services We Offer
Products We Offer
- A/C Repair Services Toronto (1)
- Air Conditioner (6)
- Air Conditioner Ontario (7)
- Air Conditioner Toronto (6)
- Air Conditioners Repair Services Toronto (2)
- Air Conditioners Toronto (2)
- Consumers Energy Management Inc. Ontario (24)
- Cooling Products Ontario (8)
- Dehumidifier Toronto (1)
- Ducts (3)
- Electronic Furnace Filter (2)
- Electronic Furnace Filter Toronto (2)
- Energy Savings Tips (5)
- Furnace (9)
- Furnace Cost and Price Ontario (10)
- Furnace Rental Ontario (10)
- Furnace Rental Services (2)
- Furnace Rental Services in Toronto (2)
- Furnace Rental Services Toronto (1)
- Furnace Repair Services Toronto (1)
- Furnace Repair Toronto (1)
- Furnance Financing Ontario (9)
- Heating Products Ontario (12)
- HEPA Furnace Filter (1)
- HEPA Furnace Filter Toronto (1)
- Home Inspection Toronto (4)
- Honeywell Programmable Thermostats (1)
- Honeywell Thermostats (2)
- Humidifers Installation Ontario (1)
- Humidifier Installation (1)
- Humidifiers And Humidity (2)
- Humidifiers Maintenance Ontario (1)
- HVAC Filters (1)
- HVAC Filters Toronto (1)
- HVAC Preventive Maintenance Ontario (14)
- HVAC Syetem Maintenance (13)
- HVAC System Preventive Maintenance (14)
- HVAC Warranty Canada (3)
- HVAC Warranty Information Canada (3)
- Indoor Air Quality (7)
- Inefficient Furnace (1)
- Inefficient Furnace Toronto (1)
- Media Furnace Filter (1)
- Media Furnace Filter Toronto (1)
- New Furnace Rental (1)
- New Furnace Rental Program (1)
- New Furnace Rental Program Toronto (1)
- New Furnace Rental Toronto (1)
- One-Inch Fiberglass Furnace Filter (1)
- One-Inch Fiberglass Furnace Filter Toronto (1)
- Rental Air Conditioners (1)
- Rental Air Conditioners Toronto (1)
- Service And Maintenance (17)
- Tankless Water Heaters (1)
- Thermostat (2)
- Thermostats (1)
- Toronto A/C Repair Services (1)
- Toronto Air Conditioners Repair Services (1)
- Toronto Furnace Repair (1)
- Toronto Furnace Repair Services (1)
- Water Heaters (1)
The Latest News
- Portable air conditioner for rent – Advantages and Disadvantages
During the hot Toronto summer months, air conditioners are a must to stay cool and comfortable. No one wants to sit in a sweltering home when they can be relaxing in the cool comfort of a climate-controlled environment. Luckily, you can find companies offering rental air conditioners and rest assured that you will always have…
- Make your home warm by renting a furnace toronto and enjoy this winter!
Renting a furnace is an easy way to handle the winter. It has become very popular in Toronto, Ontario. Peoplewho cannot afford furnace purchase, the best way is to rents furnace in Toronto. Many companies in Toronto provides rental furnaces on low cost. You just need to know how to rent furnace and on top,…