The Importance of Understanding Your Gas Furnace
Gas furnaces are common heating devices that comprise of one part of a residential heating and cooling system. Furnaces work well in cold winter environments, like the one we have in Toronto. Although modern furnaces are efficient and reliably made, they can sometimes break down or experience problems within the home. Part of troubleshooting a gas furnace is having an understanding of how they work and what basic steps you can take to zero in on the problem.
The Gas Furnace Process
In the winter, furnaces work differently from heat pumps. Their burners generate combustion gases. These gases pass over the heat exchanger in the furnace. Meanwhile, your indoor air flows across the heat exchanger, which heats it up. Then, the heated air flows back through your home via your ductwork.
With this knowledge, you know that the effectiveness of a furnace depends on durable ductwork, as well as functioning burners. Ducts and faulty burners are two of the most common causes of furnace problems.
What To Do With an Inefficient Furnace
Furnaces may not work as well as they could if the home does not have proper insulation. Drafty homes, generally older ones that weren’t equipped for modern HVAC systems, can leak air and cause the furnace to work harder than it should.
If you notice that your energy bills go up at the same time as you leak air, then you should consider insulating your home with the help of Consumers Energy Management. We can equip your residence to handle a well-functioning gas furnace that will keep you warm in the dead of winter.
Another potential problem may not be the fault of your ductwork. Noisy furnaces can be startling and distracting to many residents. Often, dirty burners that aren’t igniting quickly enough are causing these noises. When they do finally ignite, they overcompensate by burning more fuel than they need. Consumers Energy Management can help solve these noisy furnace problems by cleaning out the burners.
Some furnace problems are puzzling. You can help solve some of the most basic issues by simple troubleshooting. First, make sure your furnace is set to heat. Then, check that the fan switch for the furnace is on. If it’s on and the furnace doesn’t work, then it might not be getting enough power, or the fan motor is broken.
Check on the other furnace switches. If the furnace still doesn’t work, perhaps the pilot light is off. Follow careful instructions to turn the pilot light on, or call technicians at Consumers Energy Management to come by and complete the procedure for you.
Like any parts of an HVAC system, furnaces can encounter several problems that cause them not to work the way they should. Whether it’s your home or the furnace itself at fault, all you need to do is follow a few steps to help diagnose the problem. Call Consumers Energy Management today to chat with us about your furnace or any other HVAC system hindrances that you may experience.
Services We Offer
Products We Offer
- A/C Repair Services Toronto (1)
- Air Conditioner (6)
- Air Conditioner Ontario (7)
- Air Conditioner Toronto (6)
- Air Conditioners Repair Services Toronto (2)
- Air Conditioners Toronto (2)
- Consumers Energy Management Inc. Ontario (24)
- Cooling Products Ontario (8)
- Dehumidifier Toronto (1)
- Ducts (3)
- Electronic Furnace Filter (2)
- Electronic Furnace Filter Toronto (2)
- Energy Savings Tips (5)
- Furnace (9)
- Furnace Cost and Price Ontario (10)
- Furnace Rental Ontario (10)
- Furnace Rental Services (2)
- Furnace Rental Services in Toronto (2)
- Furnace Rental Services Toronto (1)
- Furnace Repair Services Toronto (1)
- Furnace Repair Toronto (1)
- Furnance Financing Ontario (9)
- Heating Products Ontario (12)
- HEPA Furnace Filter (1)
- HEPA Furnace Filter Toronto (1)
- Home Inspection Toronto (4)
- Honeywell Programmable Thermostats (1)
- Honeywell Thermostats (2)
- Humidifers Installation Ontario (1)
- Humidifier Installation (1)
- Humidifiers And Humidity (2)
- Humidifiers Maintenance Ontario (1)
- HVAC Filters (1)
- HVAC Filters Toronto (1)
- HVAC Preventive Maintenance Ontario (14)
- HVAC Syetem Maintenance (13)
- HVAC System Preventive Maintenance (14)
- HVAC Warranty Canada (3)
- HVAC Warranty Information Canada (3)
- Indoor Air Quality (7)
- Inefficient Furnace (1)
- Inefficient Furnace Toronto (1)
- Media Furnace Filter (1)
- Media Furnace Filter Toronto (1)
- New Furnace Rental (1)
- New Furnace Rental Program (1)
- New Furnace Rental Program Toronto (1)
- New Furnace Rental Toronto (1)
- One-Inch Fiberglass Furnace Filter (1)
- One-Inch Fiberglass Furnace Filter Toronto (1)
- Rental Air Conditioners (1)
- Rental Air Conditioners Toronto (1)
- Service And Maintenance (17)
- Tankless Water Heaters (1)
- Thermostat (2)
- Thermostats (1)
- Toronto A/C Repair Services (1)
- Toronto Air Conditioners Repair Services (1)
- Toronto Furnace Repair (1)
- Toronto Furnace Repair Services (1)
- Water Heaters (1)
The Latest News
- Portable air conditioner for rent – Advantages and Disadvantages
During the hot Toronto summer months, air conditioners are a must to stay cool and comfortable. No one wants to sit in a sweltering home when they can be relaxing in the cool comfort of a climate-controlled environment. Luckily, you can find companies offering rental air conditioners and rest assured that you will always have…
- Make your home warm by renting a furnace toronto and enjoy this winter!
Renting a furnace is an easy way to handle the winter. It has become very popular in Toronto, Ontario. Peoplewho cannot afford furnace purchase, the best way is to rents furnace in Toronto. Many companies in Toronto provides rental furnaces on low cost. You just need to know how to rent furnace and on top,…